Monday, October 25, 2004

Marketing II

And what is a presidential race, if not in large part a humongous marketing campaign? I'm not the first person to bring this up, but I find the Kerry-Edwards "Hope is on the way" slogan to be really weird. I mean, if your candidates are the ones who are going to win and deliver the goods, then they are your hope. Right here, right now, these are your candidates and they are your hope. On the other hand, saying "hope is on the way" implies that hope ain't here yet. These guys? Nope! Makes me think that a Hillary agent planted that slogan. "Hope is on the way... in 2008."

Not that this is the only slogan that Kerry has adopted. He's drumming on a few recurring themes to rally positive support. I believe I've distilled them all down into one bumper-sticker sized promo, offered here free of charge:

    Kedwards: A strong hope for change is on the way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home