Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Bumper tyrant

Got stuck behind some joker this morning, whose one of seven stickers proclaimed:
I'm one of the 94% of Americans who do not hunt, and I vote.
First off, count me mightily unimpressed by the "and I vote" punchline. Because I suspect that this is one of those people who would curl into a fetal position were I to insist upon showing a photo identification in order to vote, or to actually register before the day of the election. So I'm not buying the braggadocio regarding the voting prowess.

Secondly, I think pro-mob-rule bumperstickers are uncool. "I am in the majority, so your liberty and privileges are subject to my whim." Of course this same person had a pro-family-farmer license plate frame. Well, I'm one of the 98% of Americans who are not family farmers...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I actually want that bumper sticker now: "I am in the majority, so your liberty and privileges are subject to my whim."

1/3/05 14:25  
Blogger 3XHAR said...

We dropped it when we couldn't even convince the Democrats to pay for it... which was strange...

11/3/05 01:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home