Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Just because you love nature...

... don't expect nature to love you back. I mean, I'm immensely fond of raptors and black bears, but I still take it as an article of faith that the eagles and bears would team up and kick my ass to steal my cottage keys for the express purpose of raiding my fridge if they thought they could get away with it.

The third Frances Frost award for an environmentalist dying with irony goes to Blake Champlin, an environmental activist killed when a tree supporting his hammock fell and crushed him. Perhaps it should be pointed out that, unlike previous winners, Mr. Champlin was technically oppressing and exploiting the tree when it retaliated.

Editor's Note: The Frost award's second winner was Timothy Treadwell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home