Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Dubious fast-food milestone

The spouse and I were out Sunday procuring much-needed tools and hardware for home maintenance, and so stopped for a late lunch at Burger King. In an ongoing effort not to eat complete crap twenty-four-seven, I ordered the BK Veggie, and so did my wife. This time though I did ask to try cheese on the sandwich.

Upon sitting down to eat, I discovered that not only did I have cheese on my BK Veggie, but also...

"Say, hon'? Does your veggie burger have bacon on it?" Now if your first thoughts are anything like mine were, you're thinking, "Mmmmmm... free bacon..." And I'm not saying that the bacon made the burger less enjoyable. No, siree! It was actually very good. But it kind of -- oh, how to put this -- defeated the purpose of having a BK Veggie in the first place. And what exactly was going through the mind of the dedicated Burger King employee when putting bacon on the Veggie sandwich? Anything at all?

Depending on your perspective, the sandwich maker should either be reprimanded or deserves some kind of award for innovation. I haven't quite decided yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home