Monday, November 15, 2004

Pardon the pause

With the Presidential Election over and done with, a survey of blogdom might lead one to think that there's nothing left to talk about. You'd certainly think that about my blog anyway. A thousand pardons! The only politically compelling thing going on 'bout now on my radar screen is the crusade to bar Arlen Specter from the Judiciary Committee chairmanship. Well, that and the fact that 55 million Americans are not leaving for Canada and France after all. Par for the course when you're talking about campaign promises, I guess.

As for current events, we have Yassir Arafat's death from... nothing, apparently. Wasn't cancer. Heart disease? Nope. Ulcers? Nope. Rickets? Gout? Dropsy? More stunning lack of curiosity from the mainstream media.

1 Comments:

Blogger 3XHAR said...

My only regrets about Mr. Arafat's demise are that it was not due to Israeli lead and shrapnel and about 25 years too late. I hope, with mucho gusto, that bin Laden does not stiff arm the Reaper with as much success as that other murderer of innocents, Mr. Arafat. My most base sense of morality dictates that men like Arafat, bin Laden, Stalin, Hitler, Hussein, Mao and Escobar should not die in their beds. Unless their beds blow up. History, unfortunately, does not support my belief system.

16/11/04 00:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home